Xkcd dating pool equation

Posted by / 01-Oct-2020 02:23

So maybe only rich kids would be able to afford to sit around on Soul Mate Roulette.Unfortunately for the proverbial 1%, most of their soul mates are to be found in the other 99%.First, find the size of the lower bracket for t=18 and t=30.Since the size of the upper bracket isn't the same you have to find how the two sizes relate.You should know what the area of a shape represents, what a function is, what's a tangent, solving one-variable equations, the (x,y) coordinate system, etc.)The comic says that "the median first-marriage age is 26." This means that if you take the ages of all the people getting married for the first time and sort them from youngest to oldest, the people in the exact middle of the range will be 26 years old.

T of the solution to part (b) to find the extremum of the dating pool size and set it to zero and solve for T:20 * Exp[-0.05 * tf] - 0.5 * Exp[-0.05 * ti] = 0Then: T = (2/3) * (7 20 * Log(4 * Exp[7/10])) ~ 32.5 years Strictly speaking, we've only shown that 32.5 years is an extremum, but since the dating pool function is everywhere concave, it follows that the only extremum is a maximum.

You know nothing about who or where they are, but — as in the romantic cliché — you’ll recognize each other the moment your eyes meet. If we’re all paired up at random, 90% of our soul mates are long dead.

A simple argument shows we can’t just limit ourselves to past humans; we have to include an unknown number of future humans as well.

An interesting fun dating age range calculator to find out minimum and maximum dating age of person whom you wish to date.

As per "Half Your Age Plus 7" relationship rule, the age of the younger person you date should not be less than half the age of the older person plus 7 years; and the age of the older person you date should not be more than your age minus 7 and doubled it.

xkcd dating pool equation-35xkcd dating pool equation-53xkcd dating pool equation-53